Sleep Challenge featuring Roman Kemp!
Sleep is important to all of us, and we’re all looking for top tips for better sleep. It can be hard to manage our sleep when we’ve so much else going on in our lives from school work to managing our social media and just keeping up with friends and family. Fitting all this into our day-to-day can be a real challenge but what happens, when we don’t get enough sleep.
See what happened when we asked Roman Kemp to stay up all night.
There are many simple things you can do to help you sleep here are our top 5 tips for a better nights sleep;
1. Setting a regular bedtime and wake time, this can really help remind your body clock its time to sleep
2. Try not to nap in the daytime. Its easy to fall into a routine of having a nap after school especially if you’re not getting enough sleep at night and its usually better to avoid any late afternoon naps. If you do nap in the morning try to keep to 10 to 20 minutes only, if you can.
3. If you do charge your phone in your bedroom, try to charge out of reach so you can resist the temptation to check it!
4. What we do in the daytime is really important for sleep, regular exercise helps either in the morning or 4 hours before bedtime is best.
5. Try a night time routine, hot bath, create a dark, cool, tidy, soothing bedtime space and relaxing music before bedtime can help to wind down from the day or even ear plugs can help you get off to sleep to block out any noise.
For more information on sleep check out our Sleep Talk film with Jade and Elijah